National Students Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) Loans 2021/2022
National Students Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) Loans 2021/2022; See details and how to apply National Students Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) Loans 2021/2022
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) administers financial support to students who are academically performing yet financially needy.
YOU MAY APPLY IF:
- You are a South African citizen with a household income of R350 000 per annum or less and have not been approved for NSFAS funding.
- You are a South African citizen with a household income of R350 000 per annum or less and have not applied for NSFAS funding before.
- You are a South African citizen with a household income of R350 000 per annum or less and plan to study at a public university or TVET College in 2021 for the first time and require funding.
DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY FOR AN NSFAS BURSARY
- Certified copy of your ID book/birth certificate.
- Certified copy of ID of parents/guardians or certified copy of death certificate of parents/guardians or affidavit.
- Certified copy of ED of spouse if student is married.
- Certified copy of spouse’s death certificate if student is widow/widower.
- Certified copy of the divorce decree of the student is divorced.
- Certified copy of latest results.
- Travel documents (e.g. invoice or affidavit).
- Accommodation document (e.g. invoice, affidavit or rental agreement).
- Employment documents – salary advice slips not older than 3 months of both parents or guardians OR SASSA letter OR pension slip if the parents/guardians are pensioners. If the parents/guardians are unemployed, an affidavit is required.
- A completed and signed consent form, which you may download here and must be filled in with your parent/guardian’s signatures. Applications without a consent form signed by all people whose incomes have been declared in the application will not be accepted and will be considered incomplete.
- If you have a disability, please download the Disability Annexure A from nsfas.org.za, complete it and submit with your application.
- The stamps on all certified documents should not be older than 3 months.
- Please apply online at nsfas.org.za
Apply online at nsfas.org.za
Please make sure you have the following ready before you apply:
- Valid e-mail address
- Valid cellphone number
- Certified copy of birth certificate/identity document
- Certified copy of most recent academic results
- Certified copy of proof of residential address of parents/guardian or municipal account
- Certified copy of identity document of parent/guardian
- The stamps on all certified documents should not be older than 3 months
- Certified copy of your passport
- Non-RSA qualifications: the onus rests with all international applicants to have their school qualifications evaluated by SAQA before submitting the application form.
- SAQA can be contacted on the following numbers:
Evaluation of Foreign Qualifications Call Centre – +27 12 431 5070
Helpdesk – 27 86 010 3188
Switchboard – +27 12 431 5000
Fax – +27 12 431 5039
Website – www.saqa.org.za
Once you are in the possession of a valid study permit, valid passport and any necessary visa, you can complete the application form.
Banks in South Africa Students Loans