I Can! Learnerships 2021/2022 Application
I Can! Learnerships 2021/2022; Below are the steps to apply for I Can! Learnerships 2021/2022
I Can! was founded by Ali Smeeton, mother of James Smeeton, who has Down Syndrome. The Smeetons have also established a non-profit organisation with two other families in Gauteng called EmployAbility Vulindlela, with the focus on employment support for intellectually disabled adults.
I Can!, together with PMI, have created Disability Academies who provide a socio-economic solution to stakeholders interested disability.
ABOUT THE LEARNERSHIP
I Can! learnerships are available to adults with physical, intellectual and learning disabilities.
The programme runs over the course of at least 12 months and learners will receive a monthly stipend as well as a bonus on completion of the programme.
Learnerships are currently available in the following sectors:
- Life Skills (NQF Level 1)
- Hygiene and Cleaning (NQF Level 1)
- Plant Production (NQF Level 1) & Animal Plant Production (NQF Level 1)
- Business Practice (NQF Level 1)
- Business Administration (NQF Level 2)
- South African citizen
- Have a physical, intellectual or learning disability
- Life Skills: have basic literacy
- Hygiene and Cleaning: have an ABET Level 2 for Mathematical Literacy and Communication
- Plant Production & Animal Plant Production: have an ABET Level 3 for Numeracy, Communication and Literacy
- Business Practice: completed Grade 10, have an ABET Level 3 for Communication and Mathematical Literacy
- Business Administration: completed Matric, have a NQF Level 1 for Communication and Mathematical Literacy
*Preference may be given to applicants of colour.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the I Can Learnership Application Form (pdf).
Alternatively, you can download the application form via the I Can! website (http://ican-sa.co.za/learnerships-academies/) or collect a copy from your nearest I Can! office (addresses below).
Please submit the following supporting documentation with your completed application form:
- South African ID document (certified copy)
- Highest qualification (certified copy)
- Proof of disability from a specialist
- Form 3: Work Ability Form (page 5 of the application form) – if applicant has not completed Grade 9
Complete application packs can be submitted to your nearest I Can! branch via the email addresses or physical addresses below.
Cape Town – Tel: 021 948 0191 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Physical Address: 1st Floor, ABSA Building, 14 Strand Road, Bellville
Durban – Tel: 031 563 5515 | Email: email@example.com | Physical Address: 55 Church Road, Durban North
Howick – Tel: 033 330 2509 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Physical Address: 4 Baron Road, Merrivale, Howick
Kempton Park – Tel: 011 394 0251 | Email: email@example.com | Physical Address: 30 Kerk Street, Kempton park
Port Elizabeth – Tel: 041 484 1449 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Physical Address: 764 Govan Mbeki, North End , Port Elizabeth
Vereeniging – Tel: 016 421 2956 | Email: email@example.com | Physical Address: Eurisko Centre, 14 Kwagga Street, Leeuhof