De Beers Learnerships 2021/2022 Applications
De Beers Learnerships 2021/2022; See details on De Beers Learnerships 2021/2022
De Beers has been in operation since the late 1800’s, is owned by the Oppenheimer family and is a business unit of Anglo American. The De Beers company is well known for diamond mining across their various mine locations in South Africa, Namibia, Botswana and Canada.
ABOUT THE LEARNERSHIP
De Beers believes in providing opportunities for the youth and helping to skill students to fill the scarce skills gap in South Africa. Students who take part in the learnership programme will be equipped with invaluable skills with which to enter the workforce, by working alongside field specialists.
De Beers provide learnership opportunities within the Mining sector, generally in the following fields:
- Mineral Processing
- Supply Chain
- Human Resources
- Project Planning
- Information Management
Candidates interested in applying for this learnership position should ensure that they meet the following criteria – failure to meet ALL of these requirements will result in your application being denied.
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Passed Mathematics and Science in Matric OR have completed a N2/ N3 qualification
- Not currently employed
- Not studying (or planning to study) during the course of the learnership programme
- Good command of the English language (able to read, write and speak English)
- Good communication skills
- Able to think logically
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
- In good medical condition (a medical examination may be conducted)
- Clear criminal record (a security clearance check will be conducted)
- Drivers licence (preferable but not essential)
- Female applicants will be given preference
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: http://www.debeersgroup.com/en/careers/current-vacancies/current-vacancies.html
You may be required to submit copies of the following documents:
- South African Identity document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- N2/ N3 qualification certificate, if applicable (certified copy)
- Drivers licence, if applicable (certified copy)
- Curriculum Vitae
Learnership applications are usually open from mid year and close towards the end of the year.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by De Beers and invited to attend an interview. If you have not received feedback within 4 weeks, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
DE BEERS CONSOLIDATED MINES
Tel: 011 374 7000